Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where did the evening go?

Oh yes, it was lost in the pool with a mermaid, a boy princess, and two of my favorite pseudo-hippies.
The sunset was nice and pink.
My feet are nice and swollen. I am not enjoying my week of being thrown into the world of business management, but I'm making it. To the best of my knowledge I haven't made any major screw-ups.
The strep throat has gone on its merry way, our bank account will be reimbursed for the fraud within 90 days, and the car is still clanking right along. If it breaks down, so be it. Bikes and hitch-hikes are more fun anyway, right?

Everything is going to be okay.

As soon as the true Granola Queens get back to their managerial posts, I will be the most relaxed person you've ever seen. (Or at least back to my normal level of relaxation, which probably hovers somewhere around Kind Of Uptight.)

Marvin has been appeasing me with Ben & Jerry's, and helping out immensely with all of the cat sitting I've gotten myself into. He is my favorite.

Here we are, looking crusty on vacation. I'd spent the day at the beach with his sisters - he'd been out skateboarding with Todd...and then the whole lot of us cruised around on bikes...in the "sultry" Georgia heat. I'm not sure why I bothered to try and justify our crustiness in the photo, as we look equally crusty on most any other day. Haha.

In closing, life if freakin' sweet.
Some day I will work at the wildlife refuge in Cabuya.
Some other day I will hike the AT.
And maybe even some other day I will be comfortable taking charge.

P.S. - Where you at, Matt Saunders? Your bicycle is under our deck and every time I see it I think, "Where is Matt Saunders and why isn't he over here demanding that we ride bikes?" Anyway, this is for you:

1 comment:

Leah said...

hey! just happened to scroll down your page, saw the word pseudo-hippie, wondered who you were talking about.....and realized that evening sounds familiar...

hehe. boy printhess.

i will hike the AT with you!